Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Parties!

I had 3 Christmas parties this week! The first one was Wednesday night at a neighbor's house on another street. It was a white elephant party, I'd never been to one of those before. Another friend of mine was invited, thank goodness b/c it's always nice to have someone you really know with you. We walked over around 7 and were one of the first there. We each had to bring an appetizer so I brought my cookies that I make and some cinnamon-sugar pecans and my friend brought her yummy spinach and artichoke dip. There were sooo many yummy dishes there and of course I had to try everything, LOL! We ate, played some Christmas games and then did the gift exchange. That was a little awkward though. It was only a $5 limit which isn't easy! I brought an Amaryllis flower bulb and pit kit, it was $5 exactly. But the gift I picked was a pack of napkins! WTF is up with that? Not cloth napkins, freaking paper napkins! I know they did not cost more then $2.50, no way, no how! And the lady who brought them had picked a great gift that I really wanted (it was one of those things you hang on the table to hang your purse) but I didn't want to be a bitch and steal it from her. Although that is the name of the game, right?
Oh well. My friend got the 2nd suckiest gift...a tiny calculator, the kind you get for free as a reward when your kid sells school fundraiser stuff.
Besides that it was a nice party.

The next night, Thursday night was our Christmas caroling party with the neighbors on our street. I made meatballs in the crockpot, Christmas sugar cookies and cinnamon sugar pecans.
We had some good food there too. Then we all went caroling around the neighborhood. A pretty good bit of people opened their doors compared to years past. This was our 4th year doing this.

Friday night we went to my husbands company Christmas party. My parents came over to watch the kids, that was a first! The party was at the owner's house, it was nice. Catered food and an open bar! We had good time but had to leave by midnight so I could let my parents go. I know that seems like late enough but it's never late enough for my husband!

0 comments: