Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve =)

Tonight we had the kids "adopted" gradparents over for dinner. I fixed ham, potato casserole, sweet potato casserole, fresh green beans and rolls. It was yummy! And for dessert I fixed a tray with my sugar cookies, Cinnamon-Sugar Pecans and White Trash. They loved it.
After we finished watching Christmas in Wonderland then we opened our presents from each other. The boys each got Game Stop gift cards and Logan & Chase got games for their Leapsters. And she had a stocking filled with tons of goodies for them to pick out. They gave us a new set of dishes (that I picked out!) and then surprised us with another set! Being they are only 4 settings and we have 5 people so this way we all have plates and such and can even have company over with the extras! We gave them a really pretty suncatcher thingy (that she had actually wanted to buy one night when we were out but I told her not to and to put it on her Christmas list) and the boys gave them a picture of them in a frame. They really loved that =)
After that we let them open one small present under the tree. They all picked the ones from each other (which they had no idea what they were, LOL!) But they had seen them and really wanted to open those. They were funny gifts so I'm glad they did choose those. They were these reindeer that you fill with mini jellybeans and then to get them out the reindeer poops them out! They are so funny and they all loved them!
They left around 9:30 since we all have big days tomorrow! Now my boys are watching The Grinch, the one with Jim Carrey. And will hopefully be in bed by midnight so Santa can visit ;)
We have a big day tomorrow! I doubt we'll make it home before midnight so I'll post about it on Friday while I'm relaxing!
Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good night!

0 comments: