Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1st- The Christmas Plan

Well, it's officially December now! My kids are super excited about Christmas and are counting down the days. Friday all of the neighbors were out putting up their decorations. Saturday it rained most of the day but we were back out Sunday putting stuff up. Our street is so bright and cheery and even more so now that the neighbor across the street is getting his stuff up. He's the one that has the lights programmed to the beat of the music. So when you turn on our street you tune your radio to the channel he has listed and you can hear the music and watch the light right there in your car.
You can see a short clip from last year here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnk6_lXRIe8
This video doesn't do it justice but you get the idea.
Anyway, I put up most of my decorations by Sunday evening. I am waiting to put up the rest until I see my roofer Tuesday. I don't want to put lights up on the house and have to take them back down.
Ok, so last year my friend Becky had talked about doing a Christmas plan. It's where you plan an activity for each day leading up to Christmas. I did one and it was really fun. I haven't written it up yet, but will probably go by the one we did last year. So today I had the 2 girls I watch and our activity today was coloring gingerbread men. We also made Christmas cookies and decorated them tonight.
I'm not sure what our activity will be tomorrow. My middle son that has asthma has been sick and is getting worse. I try to do everything we can to make him better before going to the doctor for meds so we'll see.

0 comments: