Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hot, Cold, Wind, Rain, Sleet, Snow!

That's Louisiana weather for ya! Well...not the sleet and snow part. Buuuuttttt...it is a possibility that early this morning we could have sleet and snow with maybe a half inch accumulation! Whoo hoo! I know, I know, if any Northerners are reading this they are probably laughing so hard at me, LOL! But this is exciting for us! Even if we don't get any accumulation and I just get to see a snowflake or two I'd be happy =) We haven't seen any snow in a verrrrryyyyy long time. I mean, I was born and lived in Kansas for 5 yrs plus I visited every Christmas up until I was 18 and been to Colorado many times so I've seen and played in snow. But my kids haven't. We had a little back in 2002 I think it was, so they don't really remember and Logan wasn't born til 05 so he's never seen it. It would just be so cool!
Our weather is always weird in December. Just yesterday it was almost 80 degrees and very windy. Today it was 55, windy & raining and is 39 now. And of course my roof is still not fixed and all of the tarps have blown away. It rained ALL day today, that is so not good.
Right now it is sprinkling lightly and they say to expect the sleet and/or snow sometime after 3 a.m. and into the morning. Guess we'll see!

0 comments: